Friday, March 10, 2017

Week 5 Reflections

Well this time around the sprint seems to be getting more comfortable as far as us working as a team and getting things done as well as discussing what needs to be done and who will be doing what and the likes. It has been a rather uneventful sprint in my opinion as we did some waiting on the folks at ampath to figure out what they wanted us to do and came up with 4 issues in the Jira board for us. That was actually pretty cool to see an issues board and to see how it operates as I am sure that when I get a job in the field I will be using something similar. We had a roll of for who would get what issue because our team and another wanted to work on the same issue. We lost and got our second choice, NGPOC-185 in which there is a concern over logging out when you are in the middle of filling out a form it doesn’t save the data you had in the form and they would like a modal to pop up asking if you would like to save or not. I have been going over ampath code as well as documentation(Angular) to learn about where the issue is and how to implement a fix.

I gained some more knowledge this time writing the login and auth modules. It was a bit of my own and a bit of looking at the code when I needed to, bu I feel more comfortable with Angular, not like super but confident I can actually do stuff with it now. I have also been going through a book on Angular 2 by Pablo Deelman called “Learning Angular 2” courtesy of ACM. It is good book so far and basically covers everything needed for Angular including testing. It should help me gain more experience with the language.


There really isn’t much more I can offer, but next sprint looks like it will keep us fairly busy as we should have the issue solved and implemented and apparently there is a list of other issues for us to tackle now so things are starting to get rolling along. Until next time….

No comments:

Post a Comment