Monday, December 19, 2016

On the semester

Well for my last blog of the semester I figured I would give some thoughts on the semester and my experience blogging. I don’t anticipate this to be very long but here goes. At first I was unsure what to make of blogging as I had never done it before, but as I got into it I thought that it is a great idea to get your ideas out there and to have others see what you’re up to and what the latest testing and development tools and techniques you have been using. It seems to be great as well for others to possibly give feedback on what you’ve written or input on experiences they may have had and can give advice on how to improve on what you have been doing.

That being said, as far as having to try and come up with something to write every week after checking out 5 blogs on testing and picking one that seems to be interesting to you ended up feeling more like a chore to me. I am not saying I didn’t learn anything or that I didn’t enjoy seeing what types of testing styles and techniques folks are using in the industry as I have never worked in the industry as of yet and it gave me a glimpse into what I might be working with and getting involved in possible. My main issue was that I was writing about something that I have had no practical experience in so it was hard to talk about something I haven’t used. I mean it was fine for a few blogs, but after writing about testing techniques that other people are writing about, you begin to realize that there seems to be only so many things and a lot of the blogs talk about similar things or experiences, just in different companies or settings. The name changed but the test stayed similar.


Overall it was a great learning experience and I would take any of it back and I hope that some of you had a good experience as well and it was a pleasure to spend the semester with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment