Sunday, December 18, 2016

In memory testing

I really enjoyed this blog because I had never heard of in memory databases before this. They do however make sense to me. I had always thought of databases as their own unit, but never really gave much thought to an in memory one. The fast access for certain programs makes a huge amount of sense and I can see the uses for them as he gave examples of routing tables and event poster.

What was interesting is that I can see the use for things such as router tables, but didn’t give much thought to the testing uses part of it. Databases can be overwhelmingly large and when it comes to testing, I imagine that that size comes with a cost, speed. In comes in memory databases to the rescue. It drastically reduces the time to test because of the speed that memory works at which in my mind can increase the output of the product possibly.

I think that if I ever do a lot of testing this is something that I may indeed try out. You can read more about it here:


http://www.martinfowler.com/bliki/InMemoryTestDatabase.html

No comments:

Post a Comment