Thursday, October 6, 2016

On learning


As I made my way through some blogs this week, one in particular really stuck with me. It is a testing blog, but the post the blogger made wasn’t really necessarily about testing, well not any method of testing anyhow. It was about learning. What struck me about it is this. I sometimes wonder how I am going to actually make sense of everything I am doing in school and how I am going to put good use to the skills when I graduate and how can I better my skill set in ways beyond coding, testing etc. The blogger starts out by saying that she likes to learn and she thinks of testing as an exploratory process and that testing is a learning activity. She has some really good ideas that I may try in the near future. She speaks at conferences and such and learns from the people she meets there and recommends going out and volunteering to help set up and organize a meet up or volunteer to speak and such. I have been to meet ups and try to go as often as I can with my schedule, but have never thought about volunteering to set one up or given much thought that it is actually a learning experience in itself. I have started to do more I this area at school with trying to get the ACM chapter going with the help of some peers and faculty and I can’t wait until it happens. I see good things from it and it can only benefit people. I am always looking for new ways to learn something or new ideas on programming and I wonder what other people do to help become better at what they do or to better themselves. Ultimately I would like to get into a mind set that the blogger has about testing and think of it as a learning activity. That and other things and challenge myself to find new ways to learn.

Here are the links of my weekly reads:

http://visible-quality.blogspot.com/2016/10/sharing-is-way-of-learning.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mottestingfeeds+%28Testing+Feeds+-+Bloggers%29

http://james-willett.com/2016/10/finding-the-balance-between-unit-functional-tests/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mottestingfeeds+%28Testing+Feeds+-+Bloggers%29

https://www.stickyminds.com/print/article/testing-unexpected-shift-right-devops-testing

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/mottestingfeeds/~3/R8IdhiiCjUI/

http://testavimas.blogspot.com/2016/10/how-can-i-break-it.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mottestingfeeds+%28Testing+Feeds+-+Bloggers%29

No comments:

Post a Comment