Thursday, September 29, 2016

My take on Agile

In my blog exploration on testing I see that it seems that testing has changed in how it is done over the years. I am still green when it comes to testing and well the development process in general so I can only speak on what I read about and the limited testing that I ave actually done so far. I am looking forward to see how this blog evolve over not only this semester, but my career. For this week I chose to talk a little about Agile development and testing.

I have noticed in a few articles that some companies, well maybe more than some have split teams that don’t communicate with each other effectively or at all in some cases. When I say teams I am talking about testing and dev teams. What happens is people end up passing the buck when something doesn’t go right or the customer runs into issues with the product. What I like about the Agile methodology is that the testers or at least someone from the team is in with the dens so unit testing can be written when they decide to make changes to the code or what not. The blog article that I read had explained that in the company talked about there were big issues because there wasn’t any transparency between teams for a while and that once they adopted the agile style, things started to turn around.


All in all, from what I can gather this seems like a great ideology to follow and lends to a better office environment and better over all cohesiveness. I look forward to actually putting some of these techniques into practice in the future and get excited as I read and do and learn more every day.

Defining Agile:

https://thoughtsontest.wordpress.com/2016/09/27/defining-agile/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mottestingfeeds+%28Testing+Feeds+-+Bloggers%29

Software Testing Help Blog:

http://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/agile-retrospective-meetings/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Softwaretestinghelp+%28softwaretestinghelp%29

Write Clean Code For Your Tests:

https://iamalittletester.wordpress.com/2016/09/27/write-clean-code-for-your-tests-by-using-the-separation-of-concerns-principle/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mottestingfeeds+%28Testing+Feeds+-+Bloggers%29

The Evolution of The Testing Pyramid:

http://james-willett.com/2016/09/the-evolution-of-the-testing-pyramid/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mottestingfeeds+%28Testing+Feeds+-+Bloggers%29

My Unexpected Journey To Becoming a Tester:

http://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/my-journey-to-becoming-a-software-tester/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Softwaretestinghelp+%28softwaretestinghelp%29


No comments:

Post a Comment