Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Week 2 Reflections

Reflections on Week 2

This week was actually pretty good for me. I think that our team works well together and that it is going to be a productive semester. This week I was able to get my accounts set up with OpenMRS and trello and learned a bit about Scrum and finally started to put it to use. I like it because I am finally putting everything that I have been learning so far to use or will be. Aside from getting the basics set up we are going to be using Angular this semester and I have never used it before. I am familiar to some extent with Javascript but I feel that I have so much more to learn with Angular even though it is based on JS.

I went through the Angular Tour of Heroes tutorial here and I have to say that though I enjoyed it, I am still a bit foggy and will be going back through it and doing another tutorial I have found. I am fairly comfortable with a lot of it, but when it came to routing and navigation I felt a little lost so I am going through some more on that area. I really like how the framework actually works though and think that it is going to be a great experience this semester and hope to be proficient with it as I hope to get into Web Development of some sort and I know that this is used a lot. It doesn’t really take a lot to get an app off the ground running, but digging deeper is going to be fun. I really like how it is easy to split your app off into multiple modules or components as your project gets bigger. I am confident that it will all come together though and I will be proficient before I know it.


I am looking forward to what this week brings and what new challenges are ahead of me. I am taking everything as it comes in and trying not to put too much on my plate and so far I have been able to do that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment